Chances are, your business relies more on paper documents and manual processes than you realize. Many companies stick with the old way of doing things simply because it seems to be working fine. However, that reliance on paper could be doing your company more harm than good, creating inefficiencies and delays that can end up costing your organization a significant amount of money over time.
Whether you’ve explored going paperless in the past but chosen not to or have never really explored the potential benefits of using automated processes, you owe it to your company and its stakeholders to explore your options. Here are five of the most compelling reasons to consider implementing a paperless electronic document management solution for your organization.
- Be Able to Locate Documents Quickly and Easily. One of the biggest headaches many offices have simply learned to live with is the time and hassle involved in retrieving documents. There’s a better way. When you make the switch to a paperless solution, there’s no need to pay someone to wade through paper files or click through confusing file hierarchies on a shared drive. Instead, documents are indexed for easy retrieval, making finding things both easy and fast.
- Decrease Document Processing Time. You may not realize it if you’re relying on manual processes, but your processes could be much more efficient. When using paper documents or manual processes to work with files, your staff has to do things like create folders, organize them and file them away when the work is complete. Using electronic processes eliminates all of those steps. The result is a faster, more efficient process.
- Improve Customer Service. Every department using electronic records and automated workflows can improve customer service, whether for internal or external customers. When a customer calls with a question about a document, there’s no need to take down the information, pull the document, research the matter, and get back to the customer. Instead, documents are available with just a few mouse clicks, meaning your staff can more easily answer customers’ questions right away. This saves you time and money while creating happier customers.
- Lower Document Production and Storage Costs. Relying on paper records is likely costing your company more than you realize. In addition to obvious costs like the paper, toner, file folders, paper clips and other office supplies, all of those paper records need to be stored somewhere. That means file cabinets and dedicated office space designated to house records. Switching to electronic document management can significantly lower all of these expenses.
- Identify and Address Real-Time Process Inefficiencies. Using electronic means to manage your company’s records can also help managers and senior leaders identify potential problems so they can be addressed before they become major issues. With manual processes, there is always a risk that a document will get lost on someone’s desk or will get lost in transit. When you use automated workflows instead, you have real-time insight into where documents are in the process. If there’s a backlog at one point, managers can reassign work or redeploy resources as needed.
If you’re ready to learn more about how easy it is to make the switch to a paperless, automated environment, contact Treeno Software. Businesses that have implemented our Electronic Document Management (EDM) solution benefit from cost and process efficiencies every day. Call us today at 800-528-5005 to take the next step.